I @!#$ Up My Old Instrument Cluster! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I @!#$ Up My Old Instrument Cluster!
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:52 PM
i was looking around ebay and saw some for sell but they have fewer miles on them than mine......My Question is how can I adjust the mileage on a cluster i buy off Ebay?

BTW: My fuel and temp gauge dont work...

Re: I @!#$ Up My Old Instrument Cluster!
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the mileage in the digital clusters is actually stored in the computer, and not in the cluster itself. When you plug in the replacement, the mileage should set itself properly.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:27 PM
problem though mine is not digital.....
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:23 AM
you gotta take the back off, then there are 6 screw where the mileage indicator is located at. I think the tool is like a T-25. You gotta take those out and the thing wll pop out. Now take the one you want to put in there and just screw it back in. It's simple just be careful.

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:29 AM
so would this work with a digital cluster also?

just remove that mileage piece and screw the one you want to keep back in?

the reason i ask is cause my vehicle is a 99 and its digital but the 98-99 digitals were stored on the bcm inside the cluster.....

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:38 AM
nope, this only works if it is mechanical. Digital you can't do nothing about, your stuck with it.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:15 AM
I think the law says that when you change it, you have to put an indicator somewhere on the car of the date it was changed and the readings on the old and new odometers when it was changed.

Then you're all set.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:54 AM
Mr.64 (Shaune Drake) wrote:so would this work with a digital cluster also?

just remove that mileage piece and screw the one you want to keep back in?

the reason i ask is cause my vehicle is a 99 and its digital but the 98-99 digitals were stored on the bcm inside the cluster.....

No, won't work on a 98-99 digital cluster. There is no BCM in your car, but yes, it is stored in the cluster.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:13 AM
i have digital too. so if i swap it out, i'll just have to note what is was when i do it? can't swap a digital with a mechanical?

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:40 AM
Yes, you can, but you can't change the tumblers on the other cluster to match your mileage, you'll just destroy the gears inside it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:28 PM
to change the tumbler on a cluster is easy. no special tools needed. i swapped mine out when i got a new cluster. you just take the back off the cluster and theres a few screws holding it in place thats all

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search