New Ride - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Ride
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:05 PM
So..... my budget wasnt as big as i thought (2500) , but i like what i managed to find , its a 2001 saturn sc1 and its alot of fun to drive, very good shape, well maintained and all origional, the interior is mint. anyways im also looking for ideas on what to do to it dont wanna buy a body kit tho, anyways thoughts????

Re: New Ride
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:09 PM
Drive it like it is what it is... a boring, very reliable, gas sipping driver. I don't suggest modding the piss out of an old Saturn that is worth $1500 to begin with. HOWEVER, I can say from experience that if your local SCCA has a rallycross location close to you, get some good snow tires on that thing and go win trophies. I don't know why, but Saturns on snow tires KILL the stock-front class in rallycross in my experience.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:39 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Drive it like it is what it is... a boring, very reliable, gas sipping driver. I don't suggest modding the piss out of an old Saturn that is worth $1500 to begin with. HOWEVER, I can say from experience that if your local SCCA has a rallycross location close to you, get some good snow tires on that thing and go win trophies. I don't know why, but Saturns on snow tires KILL the stock-front class in rallycross in my experience.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:33 PM
Fun to drive
Easy to work on
GM's best compact chassis
Light weight

Looks like a winner to me. Congratulations, Saturn S-series are solid cars.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:25 AM
great buy Pick up one of these kits to restore the headlights. Here is a S-Series Swap guide. One thing you might want to replace is the Intake manifold gasket, they come from the factory with cheap garbage, replace it with a Felpro gasket and you'll be good to go.
Was checking a few old Saturn S series cars online for a friend who's in dire need of a better car than the POS ready to fall apart car she drives now if it feels like starting. Even though they haven't been made for almost a decade they still hold their value quite well. Found a couple of low mileage '02's going for $5,500.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:09 AM
ehh i would of just kept the cavy
Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:24 AM
03cav83 wrote:ehh i would of just kept the cavy

this....never been a fan of any saturn

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:13 AM
Welcome to the scar club.

Now give me your seats.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:44 PM
Spike J wrote:great buy Pick up one of these kits to restore the headlights. Here is a S-Series Swap guide. One thing you might want to replace is the Intake manifold gasket, they come from the factory with cheap garbage, replace it with a Felpro gasket and you'll be good to go.
Was checking a few old Saturn S series cars online for a friend who's in dire need of a better car than the POS ready to fall apart car she drives now if it feels like starting. Even though they haven't been made for almost a decade they still hold their value quite well. Found a couple of low mileage '02's going for $5,500.

alright and thanks for the links!

Quote:

Welcome to the scar club.

Now give me your seats.

thanks lol and nah love the seats

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:50 PM
Save up for some nice rims/tires and call it a day!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search