idi washers? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
idi washers?
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:33 AM
ok I hope no one has posted bout this before but what is the number for the washers that goes between the idi cover and bolts that hold it down. On my 2k2 z24 cavalier mine are starting to rot and stuff.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643

Re: idi washers?
Monday, October 24, 2005 9:12 AM
I don't understand...

"What is the number of washers??" The factory is one big rubber/metal spacer..

If you were trying to replace it with some regular crappy looking washers, it would depend on the thickness of each washer...

Your best bet would be to get factory OEM replacement spacers- or take the OEM spacer to the hardware store with you so you can stack up the fender washers and match the thickness...

Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:07 AM
i think he is asking for the part number
Monday, December 29, 2008 4:32 PM
I may have some - let me check, if I do I will PM you

Sure, I tell you then you tell someone else, next thing you know, we're in the middle of another ice age.
Monday, July 24, 2023 2:48 PM
Bringing this one back from its 15 year slumber to provide the part number: 24573098

Someone was asking in a Facebook group, and while you can just use any washers you want, or find the originals at a junkyard, you can also get a set on eBay or other GM parts sites. Figured I'd post for future reference.

Search terms to help future searchers: LD9 engine cover washer, IDI cover washer

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, July 27, 2023 5:10 AM
Nice!! 99% when I see an old thread dragged up from the dead it's for a spam account to post some links so I just permaban and delete.

It's nice to see some new useful info posted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search