95-01 Spark Boot Inserts? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-01 Spark Boot Inserts?
Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:21 PM
Hey guys I should finally be boosted here in a couple of months and I thought that while chaning my spark plugs if the RK Sport Spark Boot Inserts would give me any advantages? I am going to be running the Reflash and 2 Bar Map Sensor if that helps any. Just wondering if they would be beneficial and worth my money? Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: 95-01 Spark Boot Inserts?
Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:43 PM
had those before i had a turbo and the biggest waste of money in my life, didn't do a damn thing
Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:00 PM
I have heard other wise but i dont know for sure

darkblade j
Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:08 PM
They are pretty much stock boots with the low resistance springs in them.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:26 AM
Shifted wrote:They are pretty much stock boots with the low resistance springs in them.

That and a cheap set of insulators for around the coils that don't fit. You'd far better off switching to a MSD blaster coil setup with wires IMO.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, March 13, 2006 11:43 AM
the springs are ok for smoothing out idle but really not much else. MSD coils and plug wires work much better. more money obviously but the pay off is more.

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:16 PM
purplezed
Today 1:43 PM

the springs are ok for smoothing out idle but really not much else. MSD coils and plug wires work much better. more money obviously but the pay off is more.

^^^ But the LD9 Has no Wires....... I really dont know much on this subject so fill me in....
Monday, March 13, 2006 12:29 PM
Shifted wrote:They are pretty much stock boots with the low resistance springs in them.

Stock boots?

All I got when I got mine were the springs themselves and the insulators.

Seriously guys... what did you expect from them? Did you expect to feel a difference??

I got mine free but even so... I figure they're worth having in there. It's like having better spark plug wires. You won't necessarily feel the difference, but they're still a better part than what was there before.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:33 PM
Slammdcavi wrote:purplezed

^^^ But the LD9 Has no Wires....... I really dont know much on this subject so fill me in....
yes the 2.4 has no wires but what i was saying was going to a pair of MSD coils and a set of plug wires in place of the stock set up works better.

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:41 PM
purplezed wrote:
Slammdcavi wrote:purplezed

yes the 2.4 has no wires but what i was saying was going to a pair of MSD coils and a set of plug wires in place of the stock set up works better.

Werd.

I want a bunch of MSD stuff.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search