Need Tranny Help! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Tranny Help!
Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:56 PM
I have a 99 Cavy Z24. A year ago I replaced the motor with one I rebuild from a 97 Pontiac Grandam GT. About 2 months ago, I bought a rebuilt tranny for a 97 pontiac grandam gt to replace the stocker that crapped out on me. Tranny is rebuilt, had flywheel surfaced, new clutch, pressure plate and TOB/slave cylinder.

Ever since putting the tranny back in Ive been having problems with it shifting. it will shift fine into every gear when the engine is off but with the engine running it wont shift into 1st or reverse. @nd-4th is a bit notchy while running but all are fine when not running.

What would cause this? Everything from the engine to the wheels is new/ rebuilt and have no miles on them. This is so frustrting since everyhting "should" be fine but isnt for some reason.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thomas
99 Cavy z24
90 Talon TSI AWD
90 Eclipse GS Race Car

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: Need Tranny Help!
Friday, May 25, 2007 6:39 AM
*whew*

Since this was posted in the General forum, rather than the transmission forum, I thought maybe you were into chicks with dicks or something.

I'll move this thread, for your benefit and ours.

Friday, May 25, 2007 1:54 PM
grand am gt's are 3.1L are they not?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, May 25, 2007 2:07 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:*whew*

Since this was posted in the General forum, rather than the transmission forum, I thought maybe you were into chicks with dicks or something.

I'll move this thread, for your benefit and ours.

kinda what i was thinking i was like STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:19 AM
The Grand am GTs came with either a 2.4 or the 3.1 I bvelieve. All I know is that the motor and transmission I have are for a 2.4.

Does no body have any info on this? Other than the gutter comments?

Thomas

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search