BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380 - Page 4 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:22 PM
grr, im having problems with the ecotec. i cant get that stupid plus out of the tranny to connect the wires. PLEASE for the love of god im me so you can tell me how to get it out. its driving me nuts

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04. Click sig for Cardomain.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:44 PM
do you mean the plug dude ? if so you need to squeeze the two sides and wiggle it back from the tranny as you do. after its loose its tits. err thats didn't sound right.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 10:47 PM
i did mine while still connected a little more of a challenge but not tobad

04 sunfire auto 16.3@82.5.................for now
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 10:08 AM
also, im using those blue wire taps that came with the kit, are they any good?

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04. Click sig for Cardomain.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:52 PM
Lunchbox wrote:also, im using those blue wire taps that came with the kit, are they any good?

Yeah thier fine...its a bitch to get it on tho. Its in such a bad spot.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 5:59 PM
i honestly perfer the heat shrink but connectors , having been a GM tech

they are a GM approved wire repair

ive always had odd problems using the style connectors they supply with it

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:03 PM
man, it was a bitch to get on. i had my friend john(the under dogs on top) help me with it. there was NO space to work with. it didnt seem to work at first. we took it out and stage two doesnt seem that strong. stage one was booking. is it supose to be like that?

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:28 PM
when you switch it the car as to be off

and check your connections again

Thursday, February 03, 2005 7:56 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]when you switch it the car as to be off

and check your connections again

I found you can also put it in park. But remeber you can only go up in stages while the car is on. You can go from stock to 1 or 2...but you cant go back down. Gotta turn the car off.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 8:03 AM
You can turn it on while you're driving around, mine usually takes a few seconds to actually kick on, usually after a couple shifts, but to turn it off you have to shut the car off.

-SJ
Thursday, February 03, 2005 8:41 PM
I have an 04 auto ecotec and will probably get this item. I just want to make sure its something that if removed will make it seem like its never been there. When I take my car in for some warranty issues next month, I want to take off the shift plus and put my stock intake back on. So afraid of them screwing me over on the warranty. What kind of connectors should I use that can be easily removed when needed? Thanks guys!

Friday, February 04, 2005 6:03 AM
They will never be able to tell it was there. The best way to make the connection is to go buy a $5 soldering iron. Then if you need to take it off just cut the shiftplus wires and tape up the tranny wires.
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:42 PM
so your tell me this is going to make my car feel like my IAT sensor is messed up where it said tarc off and shifted really hard?

Friday, February 25, 2005 4:46 PM
pretty much, but it actually has improved shifting, not just a messed up shift lol....

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:47 PM
Well I didnt put it on myself, I had to pay someone $20 to put in for me. But damn I love this thing, oh my "trac off" light doesnt come on when its on the 1st level unless I give it a lil gas.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:17 PM
how can you tell if you installed it right? I did just as little bills pictures said I don't get any lights though when i floor it all the way until it shifts by itsself it goes back to 4500...is that about the right range for it being on stage 1? I have a 2.2 ecotec.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:55 PM
i think i got it now. very good info, but just one question...
so, the kit has two ends: the switch end and the end that hooks up to the plug in the tranny? and i splice in the red and black wire into the tap splices you mentioned?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:18 PM
bump?

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:28 PM
that would be correct its pretty straight forward

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:40 PM
ok, what the hell. ive had it installed for 2 months with no problems. because i have a 1/2 hour comute to work, i keep it on stock(center) for the drive there and back. im on the parkway and not only does the trac off light come on, but the abs and service lights too. does anyone know what caused this.

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04.
CarDomain
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:36 PM
did you use the clips for the installation, or did you solder them in? this is important.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:26 AM
theyre soldered in

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04.
CarDomain
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:50 AM
Cinny wrote:did you use the clips for the installation, or did you solder them in? this is important.

i was going to use the clips, is that ok?? or should i solder them in?

Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:20 PM
What about the whole drilling through the firewall thing? where did everyone drill their holes because I found the PCM and everything but its just the drilling of the hole i'm kinda iffy about, especially since my parents still drive my car occasionally. I know for a fact if I told them I had to drill through the firewall they would flip, and I know most of you would say not to tell them but i'm just not like that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:32 PM
easy way no drilling. use a wire coat hanger make a small tight loop on the end, like a needle for sewing. push it through the grey rubber seal in the fire wall from the engine bay. from inside the car put tthewire in the hole you made in the wire. pull it in through to the engine bay. wire it up and your done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search