(: - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (:
Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:48 PM
Most people can't get based the pt part...haha. Are you looking for another car/truck...performance, luxuryawd, fwd, rwd?

Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:11 PM
I cant stand cobalts, not sure why, but have heard alot of things about them and they dont intrigue me...

Looking for a car, decent gas mileage, aftermarket support, roomy, and decent priced on insurance....
Like I had said before, its hard to turn away from that XB, but Im trying to find other things just so I have options... Tuesday Im going to go out and test drive a 2007 Nissan Maxima

Monday, January 09, 2012 1:39 AM
Gtp, impala ss, regal gs all have 3800 supercharged and get good milage. wrx, or impreza, mazdaspeed

Monday, January 09, 2012 6:01 AM
Sorry to hear... is there a part out thread?

sorry to seem like a vulture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 09, 2012 6:02 AM

Monday, January 09, 2012 11:35 AM
xb's are just ridiculously ugly in my book. I cant stand them. Sorry to hear about the car though. Hopefully you can buy it back. not sure if IL does it based on the 9 years from the year of the vehicle or what but it does have to be 9 years old to buy back in IL. again, not sure what date they base that off of...

Monday, January 09, 2012 2:46 PM
Still waiting on the adjuster, he told us that he was going to try to take a look at it before it got dark out, if not I would be first on the list for tomorrow. The collision center that the car is at, said its totaled, but still adjuster has to see it him self...

I have looked at a few Impala SS's, hopefully plan on test driving an SS, and atleast a Maxima tomorrow since I am off in the morning. I hate looking for cars, because well I am picky.

As for XB's, Idk why but I really like the newer styling, and fits me. Rode much better than the cavalier, and has plenty of room, but still somewhat a small vehicle.
For some reason I thought it was 7 years, but I have never wrecked or anything so I have no idea lol, really hope i can atleast buy it back and part it out...

Monday, January 09, 2012 3:47 PM
Some duct tape bro, plus more green zip ties, and a buffer.

Seriously though, that sucks..

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:04 AM
Ok JBO'ers... I need help making a decision. the adjuster called and it is totaled. He is saying that its going to be $844 to buy it back... how much do you guys/gals think i can get out of it? engine has 130000, still runs, ls sport rims, rear bumper is still good, koni/ ground controls on the rear, mantapart coilovers in the front with new strut mounts... then honestly evertything left on the car... Do you think its worth buying back and selling parts? I know i can then sell it to the junkyard afterwards.. Thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:26 AM
part it then whatever you get from the junkyard for the shell

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:37 AM
Thats up to you, remember your going to have to pull the parts, deal with people giving you the run around, shipping. How much would you actually make off trying to part it out vs, your time to do it?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:36 AM
Nah man, not worth buying it back. Oh wait, are you allowed to take off your afternarket sfuff if you dont buy it back?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:48 AM
Yea when he told me the amount to buy it back i was surprised...wasnt expecting that much.. so I doubt ill buy it back. As for aftermarket stuff, unfortunately I cant get anything off thus is why I wanted to buy it back. he said i can get my stereo as long as i still have the stock headunit to put in the car.. I miss the car already...

Waiting now to see how much I can get approved for, and how insurance will be on a few vehicles.. Went out and test drove a 2009 Nissan Altima today, I enjoyed it. So as of now I am stuck between the XB and the Altima, anybody know of an Altima forum? found a few XB forums that I enjoy browsing (makes me want to slam it but we shall see)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:01 PM
for that price id buy it back... I mean i dont need any parts off it but selling the engine, pick up only for $200, trans for $150, wheels for $200, headlight $25, doors, xxx, $100, for ls sport bumpers, $100 for skirts, $100 for front if its any good at all or sell to someone to cut and mould to another bumper,trunk, plus since someone liked your painted one, could probably sell that, painted mirrors $50, all interior for xxx.... if you have the time and money to do it and turn a profit, id say do it... not to mention what you will get from the junk yard in scrap alone.

your in auburn, id be interested in all the A/C stuff haha if you do buy it back so potential to make money, yes, depends on again if you want to take the time to do it all.

Edited in response to your comment. It could work out if you could find the room. Just sucks that you would be out the initial money but could potentially turn a profit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:08 PM

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:46 PM
I would love to but dont have the time or space unfortunately..

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:51 PM
you really should man. within the next month i will but the rear bumper/ suspension and probably some other stuff. you will make your money back for sure.

DOPER.
Friday, January 13, 2012 8:52 AM
^ And I would take the rims and tires

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, January 13, 2012 11:59 AM
Im curious....why isnt on a jbody site everyone agrees that he should not buy another jbody? I understand they are not the best of cars but they are affortable and well just dont get a base model and you will be pleased. The Cobalt SS/TC is a good option. The base model and SS/SC makes them look bad. Trust me those SS/TC's are awesome.

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, January 13, 2012 10:48 PM
We agree he shouldn't buy back a wrecked J body because he already got his insurance pay out, the car is salvaged, he doesn't have time/money to either fix it back up and drive it or part it out. That's why. Why is it a big deal that we suggest he doesn't buy back a throw away car that is getting thrown away?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:00 AM
I agree on that what I meant is why not buy "another" jbody?

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:41 PM
Because we all know how much they suck in reality.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:48 PM
That is one hot ass.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:25 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Because we all know how much they suck in reality.

+1

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:09 AM
Im sorry man sucks to see, reminds me a lot of my car being totaled last January :/ Just my .02 is to look into either a WRX or a SRT-4, always like both of those cars....XB just looks like a box on wheels lol

Dave

Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:41 AM
sorry to hear about the car, sucks when you put time into a car and it gets destroyed...same thing happened to my 400+rwhp 94Z28 back in 05...dropped $3500 into a full built motor and some jackass runs a red light at 60mph.

live and learn.

As far as jbody, i got mine for an economical dd. Started modding because thats what car guys do, you make due with what youve got. whatever you buy ppl have bashed it before (personally not a fan of altimas or scions at all), but ive seen fast ones and youll love it once you start modding it justl ike your cavy. so get what you want!

also..do you have a write up of how/what you did to your back taillight assembly? I actually like mine but wouldnt mind doing the 'berger camaro' type look with a blacked out rear section.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:00 AM
So What did you end up getting to replace the cavi?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search