please help me - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
please help me
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:46 AM
hey guys i know its been posted hundreds of times, but im the type of guy that cant learn unless i see what happening, so with that said.
is there any photos to aid in the install of my new short shifter, i tried to start it and it looks really tough. if sumone had step by step pics on what to do, that would be awesome.
thanks again
ps: i accidently posted in the transmissoin forum, so mods u can feel free to delete.

Re: please help me
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:58 AM
if sumone is willing to talk me through it, u can add me to msn, c'mon guys i need help *job

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:43 PM
Have you read through the instructions yet? Is there anything you find particularly unclear?

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:03 PM
update: my friend broke the clip that attaches to the cable but it still works, i finished it up today, the only reason i wanted to see pics is because i dont do well with written instructions, im the type of guy that only learns by seeing, but after all the hassle im very happy with it

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:52 PM
Are you sure that clip will hold? You might want to replace it if you're not positive.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/j-body/HowTo/BMShifter.asp

A bit late for that... but there it is.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:45 PM
its the grey one that my buddy broke, and i've been to 4 gmdealers and all 4 said they dont know where to get the part.
i drove it today and its fine, but im goin to throw a cable tie on it until i can find a clip thats not broken, that way i dont have to torry about it comin off

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:33 PM
imagine losing all shifter functionality while in third gear, merging onto an interstate thats going 80mph. get it fixed, buddy

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:06 PM
i'm goin to get it fixed, but i need to have a vehicle to drive, and the dearler doesnt even know the part, they told me they have to contact gm tomorow, so im gonna go and see if i can get a new clip, other than that, the shifter is awesome

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:12 PM
well i went to the dealer and they called general motors, they said i need to buy an entire shifter assembly because i cannot buy just the clip, surely im not the first to have a clip break. does anyone know where i can get one?
just so u know which one, its the grey one!
http://www.wildweasel.ca/j-body/HowTo/images/BMShifter/shifter_removed_2.jpg

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:18 PM
go to a junk yard, yank the shifter stuff you need and it'll cost a hell of a lot less than dealing with GM.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search