IAT sensor location. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT sensor location.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:28 AM
I just installed my new intake on my '02 Z24 5spd, and there is no provision for the IAT sensor. Boneheaded question, but does this HAVE to be in the intake, and if so, where is the best place to install it on a WAI. So far, I did not notice any problems with it secured outside of the intake, and I love the feel at the pedal with the intake on. Nice sound, and good response. I gotta wait for the weather to warm up b4 I can take it to the track. Can't wait! Oh yeah, do I need the manual transmission bracket, or is that a gimmick for extra money?

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N

Re: IAT sensor location.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:37 AM
Just watch your gas mileage go down, it needs to be in the intake. Anywhere in the incoming airstream is fine.

You don't need the bracket, I never used one. I just zip tied my clutch fluid resiviour to the airbox mount on the firewall.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:03 AM
Thanks alot. Will the IAT be okay till I can get to it when I get home tonight. DOn't want to drive with it if it's going to get damaged.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:15 AM
if its the same as my ecotec then i just got GM to put a hose connecting it to the intake manifold insted of in the intake.

let me know if you wanna see a pic so you know what I am talking about and then I'll take one.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:36 AM
bone stock z wrote:Thanks alot. Will the IAT be okay till I can get to it when I get home tonight. DOn't want to drive with it if it's going to get damaged.

It'll be fine for now until you get it properly positioned. You'll just be running a bit rich. Just fix it as soon as you can.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:56 AM
Thanks guys. Can I use a 3/4" hole saw to make a spot for the sensor? If not, what do you suggest.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:01 AM
3/4" hole saw???????

The sensor is only like a 1/2" in diameter, if that!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:25 AM
most use a drill dude

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:34 AM
What about room for a gromet? I read that this is the best way to secure the sensor to the intake.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:07 PM
Grommets are made so that they don't need to be very much bigger than the item they are securing. Thats what keeps them tight.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search