Smoother ride? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Smoother ride?
Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:22 PM
In about a month I will buying new tires and possibly new shocks (struts) for my wife's '95 Cavi. (as well as checking the brakes). Can anyone tell me what tire/strut combo will give her a more comfortable ride. I know that not all tires are not made the same (performance vs comfort), any brand suggestions? and places to go i.e. Midas, Mieneke, Pep Boys, Joe Shmoe's etc.

Also, how long before I should change the spark plugs or change the timing belt (chain?)? She has almost 66,000 miles and has an ever so faint, rumbly idle.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Re: Smoother ride?
Friday, April 01, 2005 12:13 AM
Can't go wrong with KONI Yellows for struts/shocks

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Re: Smoother ride?
Friday, April 01, 2005 6:59 AM
If it's on stock springs though, the Konis are really a whole lot of money for no real gain.

Any of the name brand OEM replacements should do well from the Monroe's to the KYB's.

Many of them will give a slightly stiffer ride though so if the cushiness is of the utmost importance and you don't care about handling at all, getting some stock ones from GM might be your best solution. Most of the aftermarket replacements like to try and give you a bit of an improvement in handling by stiffening things up a bit. Most people want that, and it's better for just about every reason... but again, it's really up to you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search