Oh god.... "Check engine light" - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oh god.... "Check engine light"
Friday, April 01, 2005 1:04 PM
Ok, the check engine light came on on the 04 cavi 2.2 ecotec. Engine still runs fine, just floored it to check for misfiring, didnt have any. Couldent happen to be overdue for an oil change. (6000 miles overdue)

Or maby GM did that as an april fools joke, who knows.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.

Re: Oh god.... "Check engine light"
Friday, April 01, 2005 1:37 PM
could be anything, just take it in to get looked at

Friday, April 01, 2005 2:08 PM
my magic 8 ball says, "the flux copacitor is worn out" lmfao, like with what you said, ANYONE would know why it came on.... go get it scanned, then ask about what the code means....OR buy a manual, and look up the code yourself... ding ding ding...

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:48 PM
Tighten up your gas cap. Seriously, it happened to me once

Re: Oh god....
Friday, April 01, 2005 5:08 PM
im sure its under warranty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, April 01, 2005 7:17 PM
Its under warranty, take it to the dealer and they will probabally throw in a new 02 sensor and youll be good to go. Thats most likely what it is. You could always tighten the gas cap and disconnect the battery for half and hour and see if it comes back on.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:56 AM
this just happened to me, it was the EVAP solenoid or something---got it fixed under warranty

Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:53 AM
thank god for warranties

When changing gears in life, remember Find 'em, don't Grind 'em.
2003 Silver LS Sport Coupe 5-speed
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:29 PM
......stupid gas cap. What the hell was GM thinking with a "Gas cap sensor"? Geez, I like the "Hey, fuel's spillin on the road, tighten the gas cap" idia better. Or a light.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:33 AM
yea the gas cap is common. i get that sometimes in my car since i live in jersey. you cant pump your own gas in jersey so you get these stupid people to do it and they never put the gas cap back on all the way

Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:25 PM
you can't pump your own gas in new jersey? are you serious???

"don't race ebraking idiot honda drivers" - BlackEco

Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:39 PM
i had the same problem with my gas cap...when you fill up make sure it clicks 3-5 times....i haven't had a problem since

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:45 AM
Im from michigan and were were going to NJ and they told us we could get arrested for it..

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:37 PM
Fast Fosgate wrote:Im from michigan and were were going to NJ and they told us we could get arrested for it..

Awesome... and i thought ohio was retarded.

"Man does not race in straight line alone"

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:21 AM
yea, that actually happened to me last night. i get to pick up my car today. woohoo.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:28 PM
BaggedCav98 wrote:yea the gas cap is common. i get that sometimes in my car since i live in jersey. you cant pump your own gas in jersey so you get these stupid people to do it and they never put the gas cap back on all the way

Wow.....and why are you not allowed to do this? Is it because it may be safe to do in the rest of the country, but in New Jersey people are too stupid to know how to work a gas pump? Why don't they let you pump your own gas?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:04 AM
yea really, that doesn't seem right, whatever...so some attendant just comes out and pumps your gas?

"don't race ebraking idiot honda drivers" - BlackEco
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:18 AM
Haha, the gas cap happened to me, but i made an appintmenet to take it in.. and then when i went to get gas on the way.. it went away!! MAGIC!! ...
Friday, April 08, 2005 12:35 PM
Ok, It's not the gas cap.... It came back on. Any Idias, or should take it to the dealer?

Friday, April 08, 2005 1:57 PM
lol mylightsd been on since agust eveyrtie someone goes ot look at it its fine so i give up ive ahd it checked a million times

Saturday, April 09, 2005 3:35 PM
yea mine is on too, and its not my gascap. im just too lazy to take it to the dealer. pretty sure its my o2 sensor though

Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:08 PM
mines gone off three times for the gascap. i have an aftermarket locking gascap to keep assclowns out of my tank, but sometimes it causes the sensor to get confused.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:06 AM
whoa whoa, ur kidding me right???? the whole jersey thing?? woww what else are you not allowed to do in NJ?? is it a law to steer and apply the gas pedal too?

the law must have been passed after some politicians wife or family member blew themselves up putting in their own gas , so to resolve it they come up with the idea of hiring dropouts to do the job better

lol
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:33 AM
most likely it is the o2 sensor cuz thats pretty common so your better off goin with out ur car for a day or 2 and getting it fixed
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:44 AM
here you can get 5 yrs in prison if your on your cell phone, but you get a ticket if your smoking WHILE pumping the gas.. now ask yourself which one is more dangerous?!
its kinda like a buddy of mines he got 5yrs in prison for protecting his property when someone robbed him (broke in his house)he beat him senseless, but another guy i saw in the news got 3 yrs for attempted murder... go figure

Smoking when pumping gas happens alot around here for some reason i mean a cracked out lab monkey can understand that gas is flammable, now lets just add a cig. to it.. silly twats

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search