radio problems - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
radio problems
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:33 PM
not sure if this should be in electronics, but it seems kinda noobish. anyways, i was installing a switch for my neons, and i thought i blew a fuse, so i pulled it out to look at it. i put it back in, no blow

i turned the car on and off a couple times as i needed to drive to different places, and the second time i went somewhere i lost all my presets. 5 hours later i turned the car back on and had my presets back.

did this happen cuz i pulled the fuse and it was on the same circuit as the radio presets, or what? should i be ok if i dont lose them again? any other ideas what may have happened. thanks to all that have some ideas

Re: radio problems
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:16 PM
All of the presets are held in the radio. better radios have a capacitor in case the radio loses power other just make a slight draw on the battery. Losing the presets and then coming back sound like a internal radio problem to me. But I'm no audio expert ether.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Friday, May 06, 2005 11:29 AM
you got a problem somwhere in your wiring. There are 2 main wires when installing a stereo. one is an ignition switch hot wire. Whish means the wire is hot when the ignition is on. The other is a wire that is constantly hot and is used to keep the memory in the stereo. I don't know how you installed your neons but it's possible that you don't have that connection to your stereo anymore. or your wiring could have been loose? Maybe your connection got loose when driving around.

Friday, May 06, 2005 11:48 AM
How many keyless entry fobs do you use?

Since 2000, the presets have been tied to up to 4 individual fobs so when you lock the car with a fob, it saves the settings for that one. If you unlock it with a different one, it will revert to those settings.

Is there any chance that when you lost your presets you had unlocked the car with the second fob that you almost never use? Then... when they came back... you had gone back to using your normal one?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search