Hood scoops and altezza lighting! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood scoops and altezza lighting!
Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:04 PM
I have a 2002 Black Sunfire SE Coupe. First, has anyone put altezzas on one? I was wondering whether black or chrome background would look better. Or, does anyone know of another type of tail light that look good. Also, has anyone put on the dual hood scoops? I was wondering how good they hold up. I could care less of what people say about the look. I'm not a little "rich bitch" that mommy and daddy buy everything for me. Although a true ram air hood would be nice, its like $500 and I can't afford that right now. I just bought brand new Konig Unknowns for my car and it will be awhile before a big purchase is in store. Also, I don't feel like messing with painting the dang thing. So, if you don't like the stick on scoops just please leave now. I don't care about your opinion on how tacky it may look. It's my car.

Re: Hood scoops and altezza lighting!
Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:02 PM
I agree its your car, do what you like. for the alteza's look them up on ebay to see all the different types. on a black sunfire I would say the dark ones NOT chrome.

And I take pride that my car is modified with my money and I work my ass off landscapping for it so dont assume that everyone with a better car then you is only cuz mommy and daddy paid for it cuz its not always the case.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:04 PM
Oh, and you can also for to "Members" then advanced search and look up a specific mod, i am sure you can fine a lot with alteza's and a few sunfire Hoods.

Hope that helps!

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:07 PM
i dont care what people say about tail lights, carbon fiber TYCs on my black car looks sexxxxxxxy
Friday, May 06, 2005 5:24 AM
Sorry to all those who do work their butt off and appreciate your cars. I was just a little mad last night. I know that not all people with nice cars get them paid for by other people. I just really get annoyed by those people who say that your car is gay when they got to go to the lot and just pick out the most expensive one. So, sorry and with great respect for those that work for their ride...That wasn't intended for you...You know who you are.
Friday, May 06, 2005 7:09 AM
It takes time to mod any car. Some people do have money and they can get what they want. Others like you and I aren't as fortunate, and we have to work to get things we want, so it's a slower building process.

Okay not that I'm flaming you for hood scoops, but you could save that money and eventually buy bigger and better things. Why spend $150 on tail lights and $50 on hood scoops, when combined is almost halfway to that $500 SS hood. Just my opinion on it......but if you do get tail lights, I'd say go with some black or carbon fiber

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Friday, May 06, 2005 7:16 AM
i would say if you want a ram air hood for you sunfire, just wait and save. dont go out and buy a stick on scoop in the mean time. 1 it looks silly and 2 thats extra money you could put towards the hood.

Friday, May 06, 2005 7:35 AM
Stick-on hood scoops aren't crap because they're not expensive. They're crap because they're fake and look like garbage.

If you can't do the work yourself, the amount of money involved in molding them in and making them look good is more than the cost of a proper, functional ram air hood.

Just because you don't have any money doesn't mean you should make your car look straight from the ghetto with all the cheapass crappy mods you can find. Sometimes it's better to NOT modify something.

Make a plan and then start saving your money so you can make it happen. And be careful about insulting people with cars nicer than yours. Work hard and make something of yourself and then you can have nice things too. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that just because someone's got something nicer than you that it was given to them and they don't deserve it.

Friday, May 06, 2005 7:37 AM
Hmm...

Just checked your registry and noticed that you're 17, in high school and driving a somewhat new car.

Must be nice to have rich parents footin' the bill, eh?

Friday, May 06, 2005 9:42 AM
hey retard...i worked my tail off for two years just to make the down payment on my car...I'm currently paying $175 a month for the next year and a half and if i don't make the payment, my parents take away my keys. Like I said before, I earn everything I get. My parents drive metros because their good on gas. They make me pay back even a dollar if i borrow it, so shut up.
Friday, May 06, 2005 10:32 AM
Hey easy on the Weas....

Anyway, I agree with these guys above... Don't waste money on temporary mods.

You should get a nice looking drop to go with your new wheels.. That would be something that looks good and is functional. Sometimes aftermarket wheels without a drop looks worse than stock..

I actually thought the title of this thread was a joke, and once people clicked on it, you were going to say something along the lines of, "I knew that would get you to click on this!"... but I was wrong...

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:40 AM
Caleb Rennaker wrote:hey retard...i worked my tail off for two years just to make the down payment on my car...I'm currently paying $175 a month for the next year and a half and if i don't make the payment, my parents take away my keys. Like I said before, I earn everything I get. My parents drive metros because their good on gas. They make me pay back even a dollar if i borrow it, so shut up.

Right then. So why is it ok for you to suggest that others have everything handed to them? You've got it TONS better than I did in high school. I couldn't afford my first car until I was nearly done with university and I'm still paying off my school loans. Pay back money you borrow from your parents? The only money I ever got to borrow was from the bank and they charge interest. I haven't lived with a parent since well before I finished high school.

This isn't a "woe is me" story though, since I worked hard and brought myself to a better place, just as you should be doing.

I didn't mean for you to take my above comments personally. I just wanted to point out the other side of the coin to you and hope that you appreciate how good you've got it.

Friday, May 06, 2005 12:01 PM
bahaha my first car was a $500 1981 bmw 320i . i miss her

wasnt lucky enough to be able to afford a huge down payment lol

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:34 AM
well you have a 02 sunfire coupe. that means for the taillights you have one style choice that comes in 4 different colors. IMO, they're ugly as hell.

and i agree with what everyone else was saying about the hood scoops. they look fake and make your car look worse. just save up and do it right by getting a new hood.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search