Flat Tires? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flat Tires?
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:30 AM
hey ladies and gents. I've noticed both of my back tires are going flat. i was wondering if this could be from sliding around corners? i dont know. looking for an answer. let me know what you know. i just thought it was strange that they both go flat together.

Re: Flat Tires?
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:52 AM
When is the last time you checked your pressure? And what do you mean "sliding around corners"? Are you talking about pulling your ebrake or something? In that case, yes. If you've got low pressure to begin with, driving like a retard can put enough sideways force on the tires to break the bead and leak some air out.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 1:22 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:When is the last time you checked your pressure? And what do you mean "sliding around corners"? Are you talking about pulling your ebrake or something? In that case, yes. If you've got low pressure to begin with, driving like a retard can put enough sideways force on the tires to break the bead and leak some air out.

Wow, no sugar coating on that one! I second what he says though.

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:55 AM
its not a rally car. you better be careful how many times you do that. its going to start to develope a bald spot on the tire and thats going to be bad for driving, especially in the rain. did you check the tires to make sure there isnt a nail in them?

Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:11 PM
it could also be dry rotting around the bead and or the weight could be digging into the bead just enough to let air out..

Friday, May 20, 2005 6:38 PM
I'm not talkin about pullin the e-brake like a retard. i'm talking about going fast and kicking my back tires out like a retard. it is possible to drift in a FF its just not quite as fun. theres no dry-rot and its not the weight. no nail. those are the first things i checked. i'm guessing i'm just rolling the tires. thanks for the replies
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search