2005 wht sunfire HELP please!! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 wht sunfire HELP please!!
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:01 PM
I just bought a 2005 white sunfire.......like the color HATE the interior--->it's beige!!

I'm new to this whole car thing. It's becoming more and more of an interest to me the more I research it and get new ideas. When you first started, how did you know where to even begin? What do you change first? Where do I start? Where do you get most of your information/ideas/do-it-yourself tips?? I would really like to learn as much as I can about this car and make it into something exceptional. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Share some ideas, some tips, some Do-It-Yourself work that I could learn and do, seriously anything would be helpful. THANKS!!

Re: 2005 wht sunfire HELP please!!
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:22 PM
Quote:

When you first started, how did you know where to even begin? What do you change first? Where do I start?

its different for everyone. some start with intake and exhaust, some with a bodykit. i started with suspension. sportline springs koni reds, and strut tower bars. just got pick something. got to start somewhere.

Quote:

Where do you get most of your information/ideas/do-it-yourself tips??

search can be your best friend. read the FAQs at the top of the forums. do research on what you want to do.

this is your car, and going to be your money. so you mod it the way you want and nobody else

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:35 AM
Thanks for the input.........I'm open to any suggestions available. Is it better to try to do some of the work myself or just leave it up to the experts?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:14 AM
It's better to do it yourself if you're capable of it but you have to know where to draw the line and when you need to take it to someone else.

My best advice is to look around here and elsewhere and get an idea of what you'd like to end up with. Once you've done that, work out a plan that will get you there and break it down into reasonable steps.

Then just start saving and when you can complete each step, go to it.

Don't just mod stuff because it's cheap or easy. Stick to your plan and you'll like the end result and not waste a bunch of money on crap while getting there.

Doing it right the first time will save you a lot of money and hassles down the road.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:24 PM
well if you hate the interior..i would start there...tobasco has a nice carbon fiber dash pad...a lot of people have diffrent seats...but yeah like WW /\ said above.. plan out what you want to do so you dont end up waisting more money then you need to

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:52 PM
I know a guy in the dfw area that will do your whole interior with vinyl including floor, ceiling, dash, window, seats, and compartments for $850. Whatever color you want. You can do two-colors, too. I forgot how much he charges for each individual seat. It's cheap though compared to everyone else. Tweed is even cheaper.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:58 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone!! The more the merrier!! Darius how can I get a hold of the person you are talking about in the DFW area? That would be alot of help to me!! Thank you!!
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:37 AM
Right after I got my cavalier in sept. of 03, I got on-line to find out about doing some simple things myself. I'm talking things like an oil change, tire rotation, basic car maintenance and care things. Yes, I was so "Car Stupid" back then that I didn't know how to rotate a tire!

Anyway, i found JBO and a few other car sites. and just read things for a few months. then that fateful day... i bought a dragon intake for my 01 cavalier... that lead to engine mounts. The mounts led to dyno matting the dash to shut up the complaining girlfriend. Next was me me finding out that cheeping out on lowering parts is not a good thing to do. Well, one thing led to another... let's just say that when my Cavalier died from being rear ended, I had about $1,200 worth the parts scattered around the house because my lazy / broke ass never felt like crawling under the car to put them on, or had the money to have a shop finish the work that I could not do. (alignment, welding)

SOoooo. Since I had so many parts lying around the house I bought another J... an 04 Sunfire. Because of the experience I had with the Cavalier, I learned what I "SHOULD" do.

Basically it was make up my mind with the interior (I repainted interior parts 4 times in 1 year because I kept changing my mind), and it's better to save for the parts I want than it is to cheep out and to buy something of "lesser quality"

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:39 AM
you can always go to a salvage yard near you and look around for a different interior

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:45 AM
The first thing you do is save your money. Save it up high enough so that you can see a dramatic change in what you add instead of a tiny piece that no one will notice.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:35 PM
Since you hate the interior, start looking in the "Interior" forums.

I also had beige too on my first S/F SE and yes I hated it.
But on my S/F GT I got it in graphite (black), Though better then beige, I felt like I was in Darth Vader's car.
So I went out and looked closely at early version S/Fs. At the time 95-97 S/F offered Teal, Red, Beige and Graphite. I took some idea from the early sunfires with the red and took ideas from Ferrari with ideas on red/silver matching and applied it on the GT. End result spectacular. If you want pics I can send them to you.
On the beige interiored SE I did not do nothing. But I would start mixing some graphite pieces and a lot of painting.
Although not done, the rest of the car looks like its ready for DTM series (European racing) races.

GoodLuck.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:16 PM
WOW dynomat works on women too???? i thought it was just for insulating speaker boxes

you think i should use 2 layers of dynomat or will 1 be fine ??? also did you just wrap her up burrito style please post pics im very interested in this mod!!!

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search