cherry bomb turbo mufler works wonders - Page 2 - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: cherry bomb turbo mufler works wonders
Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:55 PM
thoe3fire. I am giving you the proof. I am not selling nothing. I am only trying to let people who own an ecotec cavalier know what happened when I changed the muffler.
P.s. The sylvania silverstars are much better than the stock bulbs.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:01 PM
They clearly say "factory-stock Ecotec to an engine dyno and wired up a DFI/Accel programmable engine management "

You don't have that in your cavy. Plus you wont gain anything more than 5 hp and that's the best you could get.

The stock Ecm is design for normal use not racing.

Anf if you really got that much Hp, how can a 2.3 Ho can only get 12hp from a complete exhaust when the engine has like 10 times the amount of racing parts the eco has.

Don't even try, you won't get more than 5hp and that's waht everyone who dyno there car had.

It's just seem that you go with article other than true numbers. You still have the oem exhaust just a different mufler witch doesn't change much.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:10 PM
Quote:

thoe3fire. I am giving you the proof. I am not selling nothing. I am only trying to let people who own an ecotec cavalier know what happened when I changed the muffler.

Hrmm..I'm confused what about us ECOtec Sunfire's .......LOL

Also, if you are giving us, as in the .org, proof, Where is this timeslip from before and after....?

And many ppl will not believe you! YOU Joined: Saturday, February 12, 2005 and have absolutly nothing in your registry....

Just Wait and See..........
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:15 PM
Oh and...Cherry bomb mufflers are CHEAP yes.....They make annoying noises....And can not be compared to any bigger name exhaust/muffler companies such as: Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow.....You get the idea!

Just Wait and See..........
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:18 PM
frank marek wrote:MFK-233 or Gilles
It is amazing how people want to pretend they are smart by calling other people stupid or dumb. I am a university graduate and I know cars. You are the dumb one by not being able to read correctly. I never said 89 EVERYTIME. Do not try to intimidate me or call me a newbie. I am a very successful person. I am knowledable enough to know the 04's have a great cat. converter, but a bad stock muffler. Anyone who does not know an 04 ecotec can get the best performance increase for the least money with a higher flowing muffler knows nothing. Also, anyone should know that 89 mph is about what an 04 cavilier 5 speed should run with a higher flowing muffler.

ok im proud of you u just made an a$$ out of yourself im usually not quick to flame some one but your just plain @!#$stupid!!!!!!!!

great cat converter my a$$ and the muffler on my 04 was diffrent than the stock mufler on my 97 and you dont know much cause that is why the gay ass gm cat converters clog and gm tries to find every reason to blame it on something u did

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE NEWBIES SECTION AND POST THERE TILL U LEARN SOMETHING

Thank you and have a nice day

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:24 PM
frank marek wrote:MFK-223. Please read the article. I read it months ago when I was using my education to do research on my ecotec cavalier. I also researched the j body site months ago. The 04 has a great cat and a terrible muffler. http: // www.year2032.com/ectec.htm paragraph 7.

oh wait a good cat hahaha thats funny

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:29 PM
Hey, Marek, you asshat, those are flywheel results, and they didn't dyno it with a muffler to begin with. So they made 168 hp with no muffler, but they never ran that engine with a muffler on the dyno. Hence, you have no idea what they did or didn't gain. Beyond that, those results were not using a factory stock emissions-controlled ecu, which your car has.

Alright thats enough, will a mod please lock this thread for excessive stupidity? Why can't people who don't know a damn thing just acknowledge that and learn from the people with more experience? I don't understand why you think that you're right and everyone else on this forum is wrong. Beyond that, where's the slips? You say you got higher traps, fine, wheres the timeslips? You won't show them, cuz they either don't exist or you're full of @!#$. Probably both.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:40 PM
Quote:

frank marek
Yesterday 3:38 PM

I don't know why anyone would flame me. The Cherry bomb turbo is a new design and it is a turbo with internal deflectors. Plus, the stock cavalier muffler is the same muffler they have been using for a decade( same as what came on my 94 cav. ) and it is crap. The 04 cat looked real nice so I tried a different muffler. I have run it many times and I did get the 2 mph gain. A big difference over 4000 rpm. I now rev it up to 6000. I used to shift a 5600 because it would just sit there. Also, the sound is perfect. Quiet on the highway and regular driving, but sporty when I get on it or down-gear. No vibration drone.

The fram air hog looks just like the K&n, but did nothing. I also tried the Air hog in my Lt-1 caprice wagon and got no gain. I ran them both twice with the cotton and the paper on the same day to be sure. I took them back for a refund. The Gm paper filter has lots of folds
( more paper in the same space) and flows great. I think a cold air intake with cotton filter could give me a little more gain than stock paper, but I don't want to waste time and money playing around with minor mods. I think my next step will be a stage 1 supercharger from rsm racing. ( includes k&n cone filter.)

you sir, are a dumb ass

may you be flamed forever in the firey pits of deepest, darkest forum hell

Saturday, February 12, 2005 10:10 PM
Quote:

I read it months ago when I was using my education to do research on my ecotec cavalier.

he used his education. I wish I could use my education for physical things.....

ME" edcuation sit, sit, sit ... sit damit sit. "

education "bark bark"

ME "no dont piss on the rug, bad education bad. get in the corner"

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, February 12, 2005 10:13 PM
The muffler and the supercharger will be the best performance mod return for my money. I am sure the smart ones out there will follow my advice.

Red 04 ecotec cavalier 5 speed
cherry bomb supreme turbo muffler
sylvania silverstar headlight bulbs
michelin hydroedge tires
tinted windows
Soon to come: RSM racing stage one supercharger

95 caprice Lt-1 wagon
H-pipe
Saturday, February 12, 2005 10:21 PM
holy @!#$ I found his car wait untill you see this @!#$!!!!!!

sorry couldn't help my self.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:23 AM
This is too funny. I went to school for cars too. How do you use your education to do research on your cavalier? My education goes much deaper into the field than your education does, and the only thing that helps me in researching information on my car is common sense while searching. I'm going to note the obvious lack in your case.
Quote:

The muffler and the supercharger will be the best performance mod return for my money. I am sure the smart ones out there will follow my advice.

I can't really find a way to stress enough how big of an idiot you are making yourself sound. You can't just hop into the forum and start taking charge like you know something. The fact of the matter is that you used the butt-dyno to judge your "performance" mod and you were too distracted by your car's aweful new-found fart sound to really comprehend the imaginary results. The comment about the supercharger, it all depends on the ENTIRE rest of the engine to tell if this is true or not. Go into the boost forum. The BEST results are coming from turbocharged vehicles.
Quote:

The Cherry bomb turbo is a new design and it is a turbo with internal deflectors

So how much boost are you running then?.... Do you even know what you just said means or are you just typing it as you read it off the box? I'm sure it says everything in spanish on the other side, why don't you type that up too so even the spanish JBO patrons can laugh at you. First off, there is no turbocharger inside of your muffler. Look on page two of my cardomain site in my signature. That is a turbo. They are two extremely different things. Internal deflectors you say? Those are little pieces of metal angled back towards the inlet that deflect sound. That is the same style the flowmasters use. It is an alternative to the glasspack muffler which gets raspy after a year or two of use. Unfortunately for you, flowmaster mufflers and similar designs may sound pretty good, but they are one of the worst flowing designs in production above stock mufflers. This has truely been proven. The best flowing designs are straight through glasspacks.... Period!
Quote:

P.s. The sylvania silverstars are much better than the stock bulbs.

After reading two pages of total garbage, this is the only smart thing you said. But then again, NO $HIT SHERLOCK!!!!!!!

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:34 AM
ouch
* hands frank some ointment for that burn he just received*

and by the way....if your gonna do a muffler and a supercharger...your gonna need more than that........ask the people who have turbo or supercharged there cars....i will bet you wont find one that just bolted those 2 things on and were the all mighty @!#$

and by the way....you spelled "Muffler" wrong in the topic for this thread

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:41 AM
Jersey Jay 1.8T wrote:Alright thats enough, will a mod please lock this thread for excessive stupidity?

What, and put an end to all this fun? My sig was getting stale, and this thread has a ton of good stuff in it.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:05 AM
lock it? i say we sticky it so every1 can flame him constantly

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:37 AM
The name " turbo" muffler comes from the Chevy corvair. It had a turbocharger and Gm put a higher flowing " turbo " muffler on it. People discovered them and they started putting them on their cars for better sound and performance. The aftermarket still calls them turbo mufflers, but they have nothing to do with a turbo charger. The internal deflectors are in the better turbo mufflers for increased flow and less backpressure. Regular mufflers do not have them. I don't know who the guy is who said he out ran a GT mustang. I don't believe it. However, I easily out ran a 6 cylinder mustang, but have been blow away by a Gran Prix GTP ( supercharged ) I think the RSM racing supercharger will make a big difference with no other mods needed.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:10 PM
a completely stock cavalier...straight from the factory nothing at all done can outrun a v6 stang

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:38 PM
frank marek wrote:The muffler and the supercharger will be the best performance mod return for my money. I am sure the smart ones out there will follow my advice.

Red 04 ecotec cavalier 5 speed
cherry bomb supreme turbo muffler
sylvania silverstar headlight bulbs
michelin hydroedge tires
tinted windows
Soon to come: RSM racing stage one supercharger

95 caprice Lt-1 wagon
H-pipe

Oh @!#$ man ur gunna mix a turbo muffler with a super charger man thats a no no ur gunna blow the muffler bearings. Oh and ur floor board is gunna fall out and ur gunna need a total engine rebuild after that.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:18 PM
Here is a good site for you

I bet alot of the stuff there will make your car go alot faster. You should be able to beat some more V6s with this stuff!

Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:06 PM
^^^ LOL that was pretty good
Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:38 PM
I would have to say there just might be better power adders then a muffler and a SC

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:18 PM
pilot wrench is priceless i cant believe how cheap they are i paid almost 55 dollars canadian (of course) for mine i wish they would come out with a rubber coated one though i keep hitting the bare wires(less insulation=less weight) and blowing the fuses for my neon lights

"dude, thats a girls car"
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:38 PM
^^^^ and I would have to agree with you, expecially sincec there is no muffler that ads power besides for the ultimate muffler (turbocharger.)

Quote:

The internal deflectors are in the better turbo mufflers for increased flow and less backpressure.

Please, please, please explain to me exactly how placing something in the path of an exhaust stream is going to increase flow and reduce back-pressure over a strraigh-through design. If you can provide me witht he information on how exactly a deflector (meaning the inside of a 'v') can INCREASE the flow, you can just plain have my car, and I give up at life.

In fact, I am soo irritated by the ignorant assumptions of the random first minute mechanic that I found bench flow numbers proving that your muffler SUCKS!!!! With a 2.25" inlet and a 2.5" inlet, your muffler flows 249 cfm, that is the same number as a 2-chamber flowmasters mufler. Compare that to the 365 cfm of 2.25" straight pipe or the 521 cfm of 2.5" straight pipe.
Other results?
Hooker Aero chamber - 324 cfm
Ebay glasspacks - 274 cfm
Merrymount vortex - 298 cfm
Borla turbo - 373 cfm
I was shocked by this one though, the Hooker max flow muffler flowed 521 cfm, that is the same as 2.5" straight pipe!
All in all, you are wrong. There is no way to get around this, there is no way to butter it up, and there is no way to stand up for your OPINION anymore. These are the facts, F**KING live with them.

Quote:

I'm sure the smart ones out here will disregard your salesman pitch as another misguided and overly cocky attempt to spead the infinate wisdom of the unexperienced tuner.

Please, lock this thread or I am going to $hit in my pants if he STILL tries to defend his case.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:44 PM
frank marek wrote:The muffler and the supercharger will be the best performance mod return for my money.

When your 'mod' list includes light bulbs and tints, the muffler and supercharger don't really have too much competition
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:53 PM
frank marek wrote: I am not selling nothing....P.s. The sylvania silverstars are much better than the stock bulbs.

Not selling anything?? Where did the bulbs come in to the muffler conversation?? How many mph you get from them??? Do us all a favor and don't come on the .org spreading a bunch of . Have a nice day.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search