(: - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
(:
Monday, June 06, 2011 11:58 AM
Only because it makes me smile....

I want to go lower, but already am having issues with my oil pan scrapping

Re: (:
Monday, June 06, 2011 12:28 PM
Looks good lucas, did you just dump the ground controls on the koni's or did you change the suspension setup?

Monday, June 06, 2011 12:30 PM
more lowerz. (:

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:08 PM
Looks awesome!
Keep an eye on your sway bar end links!...I just found that both of mine were popped off over the weekend....My tie rod ends are beat to @!#$, as well! Most likely from being lowered on Illinois roads and driven all year around...just some advice to really anyone!.....I am in the process of getting my car ready for my move to phx...need to replace my tie rod ends, that will be this weekend...keep up the good work!

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:24 PM
Thanks guys.

Jeff- I ended up just dumping the same setup. But I may change it at some point. 1. Because i wanna go lower. 2. I had a blowout Saturday, so i was on my spare. Then last night on my way home, somehow my passenger front strut came unbolted from the strut mount and destroyed the adjuster on the top. I have it set to where i like it, so that doesnt bother me to much.

Monday, June 06, 2011 2:02 PM
Dropped on its nuts. Love it!

Monday, June 06, 2011 3:21 PM
you having any shaking/shuttering being so low? I am and I cant figure out what it is other then my axles.. replaced them too and still no luck.. hoping maybe its control arm bushings but unsure..

Monday, June 06, 2011 3:51 PM
fair warning bro.. your konis are gonna blow ! haha i blew 3 sets of fronts.

Monday, June 06, 2011 4:55 PM
very sexy. enough said

Monday, June 06, 2011 4:56 PM
azncav wrote:fair warning bro.. your konis are gonna blow ! haha i blew 3 sets of fronts.

yeah dont think they will last that long that low.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, June 06, 2011 5:08 PM
yup at the lowest point for the fronts the konis dont have enough shock travel. the rears on GC will never be at the lowest point.
to tuck rear tire you would mosty likely me only half or a bit more on the threads. but the shocks will be fine. its the fronts you will have issues with.

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:39 PM
Monday, June 06, 2011 6:05 PM
Since when is the oil pan the lowest point on a J? I don't remember that....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, June 06, 2011 6:06 PM
most likely scraping that lower bar on the driver side.

Monday, June 06, 2011 6:10 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Since when is the oil pan the lowest point on a J? I don't remember that....

My thoughts exactly. Still looks good though!

Monday, June 06, 2011 7:39 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Since when is the oil pan the lowest point on a J? I don't remember that....

Unless he swapped in a 2.4L with 2.3 oil pump swap and deeper pan...

lol highly doubt it though.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, June 06, 2011 8:21 PM
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:00 AM
yeah your not scrapping your pan, you have one chance with an aluminum pan.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:19 PM
Spencer wrote:yeah your not scrapping your pan, you have one chance with an aluminum pan.

Guess I also didn't realize J bodies had aluminum pans?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:53 PM
Look good! And I'm having thqt shuttering/shimmy too. But I have come to figure it has to do with my inner tie rod on yhe drivers side, jacked it up not long ago and it was a little loose. So I'm just gonna throw a rack in there since the inner tie rods are both bad now. And I'm planning on replacing both of the outer tie rods too.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:48 PM
Ok, I havn't been on for awhile..

I know the oil pan is not the lowest but im am scraping it as well as part of the subframe. I have scrapes, scratches, and dents in my oil pan, so i do know im am hitting it at times..
But anyways, I have more pics..
As some of you know, my front bumper has been cracked since winter... so i decided to do something until i find a new bumper

Sideshot

and a picture of my @$$

Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:01 PM
Side shot looks really good. I love that look.

Only thing I suggest is a cover to protect your oil pan and paint that the back bmper near the lisence plate area black.

GMR has got nothing on this
Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:11 PM
looks awesome. that is all

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:18 PM
still looks good, sucks about the bumper though....I felt your pain until it got repaired.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:43 AM
Small update, I found a ls sport muffler at the junkyard. So hopefully i will get it installed sometime in the near future to get rid of my annoying fart can. (:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search